Friday 18 September 2020

My First 30 Days


 "Life is nothing short of an adventure." You never know what it may give you. I have heard that when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. But what if life ends up serving you a big bowl of fruit salad?

August 20th. The first day of class. I felt nothing less than when The PowerPuff Girls were going to win against the big baddie, Mojo Jojo. I was done with my graduation, and I was more than ready to start with my Masters. But little did I know that this Mojo Jojo that I was going to fight is bigger than all the other Fuzzy Lumpkins', Ameoba Boys', and Mojo Jojos I had fought. 

Sai Sir knows the number of times I have pestered him with doubts and worries. But he was not one to give up. He always cleared my queries, although God only knows how curious of a cat I am. I was very interested to know my classmates, who would become my friends. I had messaged almost all of them the day earlier since I am the enthu-cutlet that I am. I sat for the orientation class with high hopes. It would be an understatement to say that Priyali Sur lifted my hopes up higher. Like, way higher. Next came the Ice-Breaker session with the seniors. They were absolutely adorable and were more than ready to help us with any or all difficulties we had. I was pretty stressed about the next day as that was the day we would meet our teachers, or rather the Professor Utoniums to our Blossoms, Bubbles, and Buttercups.

I was very fidgety the next morning. Though I had an idea that they would be sweet, and wonderful mentors, the thought of having a conversation with them the first time made me a little scared. Okay fine, a lot scared. But all that was wiped away the instant I started talking to them. They were nice, all of us had a good time, and we wrapped up that session as well. There was a bell, somewhere in my head going, "This is only the beginning. We're just getting warmed up." I knew that would prove to be true.

This was followed by classes, orientation lectures, and of course, how can I forget, assignments. The number of assignments and the variety of topics that it had, threw me off balance. I have not done these many assignments, ever. I knew to write, but what would I write? Slowly and wobbling, I took my baby steps. There have been days that I was annoyed at myself, angry at the assignments, rejoiced when the orientation was on something I wanted to know about, and even screamed at the top of my lungs when we got a day off. But, every single day when sir said, "We'll call it a day," my heart said, "This is what you wanted. This is what you chose. You can do this for another day."

Like I said, I know that this is just the beginning and a lot more is yet to come. And honestly, I am not ready for that. I'll just have to take it as it comes. If the first month was a whirlwind, I cannot even imagine the tornados I'm going to get myself caught in. And yeah, when life gives you a big bowl of fruit salad, just eat it with a gigantic scoop of vanilla ice-cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment