Saturday 5 September 2020

How not to be a Customer and still Criticise

"A consumer is a shopper who is sore about something", said American Humor Columnist Harold Coffin. Adhering to what he said, a consumer is a person who may be interested in one product while he/she may absolutely dislike another one. Several behaviors are seen in consumers. Similarly, there is a whole other group of non-buying customers who portray a variety of characteristics as well. Here, we will be talking about those kinds of people who, frankly, are in much larger numbers than the buying consumers. And, you have to admit, a non-buying customer lives in every one of us. 

The first type of non-buying customer is "The Complainer". A complainer is one who seems to have a negative attitude towards a particular product or service. No matter how many times they are proved against their beliefs, they still will continue to dislike that one product. For me, that one product is the Redmi phones. Although I have never used phone by Xiaomi in my life, I cannot admit to the fact that the phone is good. For the life of me, I never understand the big commotion around it and I never could care less about the 'brilliant' camera it has!

"The overly agreeable" is the second type. Now, these kinds of consumers strongly support a product, even if they have bought it or not. No matter what, they hold the product in high standards and cannot badmouth it. For every negative opinion that people have to say, they will have comebacks as to why this bran is wonderful. I become an overly agreeable customer when it comes to platinum. I can never see the bad in platinum, An absolute fan of the jewelry it has to offer, I can not love platinum.

Haven't you all met at least one person who thinks he knows everything about a product bust hasn't used it till now? Yes, I am talking about "The Expert". She/he will know everything about a product or service, but not once would they have actually tried it out. They appear to know the pros and cons, the advantages of the product, and even its expiry date! I become an expert when it comes to Naaptol. Not exactly a fan of buying things from such enterprises, it seems like I know everything about most of the products they sell. Be it a 'super mop' or a 'vegetable cutter', to the outsiders, it looks like what would be their cost, what quality would it be, and even how helpful it can be. But, my parents would beg to differ on this matter.

How do you see a glass with water? Half-full or half-empty? The pessimist would definitely see it as half-empty. "The Pessimist" is one such type where they always find the other product better. When there are many variations to a product, they will always the other ones better. In my case, I become a pessimist when it comes to the yummy and delicious orange-flavored "Treat" biscuits. There are many similar biscuits from different brands. Sunfeast and Parle are two such brands. The thing is, I can only eat the Brittania Treat biscuit. Nothing more, nothing less. Even if the other ones are as good as the original, I can never eat them nor can I like them.

The last and final type of a non-buying customer is "The Staller". People like these will stall their friends and family from buying something by giving them better options. They always manage to stall the others while they are just about to take the final decision and buy something. I stall as much as I can when it comes to Thai cuisine. I have never tasted it, and I don't want anybody else to eat it as well. I always manage to stall my family right at the last moment while they are about to order Thai and make them order Arabic (my favorite!) instead.

These were the types of non-buying customers that I wanted to introduce you to. Just remember that having all variations of these behaviors are completely normal. There is not a single soul on Earth who does not have at least one of these characteristics. Be proud of the quirky non-buying customer behaviors that you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment